Hot Rod Forum banner

1969 Camaro Emissions

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PrimaDude 
#1 ·
I just bought a rotisserie restored 69' Camaro RS/SS 396. The car is restored completely to factory specifications. I have been looking at Colorado's emissions program as I will be required to have the vehicle pass or spend money to try and pass and if not, get a waiver, in order to get the tags for the car. I don't want some kid at a required Colorado sanctioned air emissions repair facility screwing around with the engine/carb to get it to pass. Has anyone had experience with doing this and what should I expect? I am wondering if they force you to spend money on a catelytic converter or some other bogus emissions hardware. Can anyone give some advice?

#2 ·
As far as I know everything that was on the car factory must be there.In your case if its a non-Ca. car I think you need a PCV,the origanal aircleaner,and the right vacuum line hook ups.I think evan headers are legal cause theres no Cats and duel exhuast was factory.If it had a heat riser tube for the air cleaner thats required.
With a good tune up and as long as you don't have crazy race parts(9,000,000duration cam etc..) I think you'll pass.If not steal some plates and drive it anyway!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.