Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1969 Firebird, panhard bar with leafsprings?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:05 PM

Last wiki edit: Suspension: designs, shapes, sizes Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
So when you start out to get max performance and handling out of your car,, Aren't you looking to make it a disguise race car for the street.. Or something like that.. When your trying to get every little bit of handling out of your car,, (And this is very little extra, If any) your not out to build a family car..

I had a feeling you would throw in RACE CAR... I don't think he's asking to make it better to go to the store..
There are race cars, and there are street cars. If you want some of the benefits of a race car (better handling, more power etc) you couldn't do it without looking to the racing world for answers. You just need to tone it down a bit for the technology to work on the street. You should know all about this NEW INTERIORS. Take for example the Pro-Street cars you like to build. It is all race car technology toned down for the street.

I'm sure your cars go well in a straight line and do fine around town. As fast as you seem to like to go in a straight line, I like to go that fast in around corners. I drag raced for years and then I went to road racing school. Then I traded my 11 second 57 Chevy for a 455cid, 4 speed 76 Trans-am and have never looked back. Instead of having fun 11 seconds at a time a few times an afternoon, you can have fun for hours! But as you like to say "that's just me".

To each his own, that is what makes the world an interesting place.
The Following User Says Thank You to aosborn For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (01-19-2013)