Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1969 Firebird, panhard bar with leafsprings?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aosborn View Post
There are race cars, and there are street cars. If you want some of the benefits of a race car (better handling, more power etc) you couldn't do it without looking to the racing world for answers. You just need to tone it down a bit for the technology to work on the street. You should know all about this NEW INTERIORS. Take for example the Pro-Street cars you like to build. It is all race car technology toned down for the street.

I'm sure your cars go well in a straight line and do fine around town. As fast as you seem to like to go in a straight line, I like to go that fast in around corners. I drag raced for years and then I went to road racing school. Then I traded my 11 second 57 Chevy for a 455cid, 4 speed 76 Trans-am and have never looked back. Instead of having fun 11 seconds at a time a few times an afternoon, you can have fun for hours! But as you like to say "that's just me".

To each his own, that is what makes the world an interesting place.

When I was younger,, I grew up running some hard corners in my 73 Camaro.. Very bad road with a lot of cornering... Fun to run but at that time I was young and dumb.. I do hear where your coming from and do know you know... I just didn't see where it would make that much difference.... I know my 73 would handle very nice in some very tight cornering... The 69's much be way different then the 73's was.. I didn't see where it needed to be done on mine anyway...