Hot Rod Forum banner

1970 c10 i6 to v8 swap, how hard?

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  baddbob 
#1 · (Edited)
Might be getting a 69-70 c10 with a i6 and I think a 3 speed manual on the floor. The first thing is to swap out the inline 6 for a v8, what probs will I run into?

#2 ·
What trans...? If anything besides the 3 spd manual is to be installed you`ll have to remove the crossmember that supports the bellhousing... Just to let you know its rivited in not bolts... :pain: Also the mounts (towers) will have to be changed especialy if its a 292 because they use staggered mounts... Radiator of course and possibly a few other minor items...?

#3 ·
chr15 said:
Might be getting a 69-70 c10 with a i6 and I think a 3 speed manual on the floor. The first thing is to swap out the inline 6 for a v8, what probs will I run into?

If you decide to back out of this project and decide to sell I sure would be interested, I've been looking for a 67-72 chev truck project for quite awhile. They are nothing but total rust around this area. Hollinsheads@aol.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.