1970 pontiac gto judge ram air 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 05:53 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1970 pontiac gto judge ram air 3

I happen to have a 1970 judge, I am second owner, the car is a numbers matching except one of the heads is not orginal and the wheels arent either everthing else is. what i would like to is add aluminum heads to the car and redo the carb. I personaly do not like the prostreet look anymore, i would rather put 18's all the way around and airbag the car for a pro touring look. But if I add the heads and change the carb but try to keep as much stuff on it as possible stock except for suspension, heads, carb and replace carpet . will this hurt the cars resale value or will it add to it because of the fact that i am adding better replacement parts. there will be no cutting on the car . I have had some one offer me $28,000 for it last year. the miles is 68,000 and the color is white with the usual judge stuff, hurst shiffter ,etc.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2003, 07:09 PM
STUPID is as STUPID does...

Last wiki edit: Crankshaft Coalition Wiki Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

There are a number of ways to look at this.
If you are a numbers matching, anal retentive, type of classic car owner then you are already up the creek without a paddle...
Or, if all that rot doesn't really matter to you and you just want to build the car as you see fit, I'd say go for.
My suggestion would be to sell the near perfect car and buy one your're not afraid to "tweak" a little. A '70 Lemans or a beat up GTO would suffice. Build it the way you want it and you'll still have some cash left over... My .02cents.
Mark
Old 12-12-2003, 05:41 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I agree. Sell the car now and buy something you can play with without lowering the value. The Judge you have, even with one non original head still has a very high resale value and would be even better if you can find some original wheels. Any mods you make will lower the value, and it doesn't matter the quality of components you buy. Some cars are way more valuable as unrestored classics than others and the Judge is one of them.

Good luck,

Centerline
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com
Old 12-12-2003, 08:23 AM
Tire Fryer

Last photo:

I agree with everything that has been said.

Questions you need to ask yourself are,

1. How long do I plan to keep it?
a. a couple of years? Don't modify it.
b. a long time? Do what you want to it.

2. Will I have more fun with a car that I can modify w/o sacrificing it's value?
a. Yes, I'm a tinkerer and love to modify things. Sell it and buy a car of lesser value to play with.
b. No, I love restoring cars to their original state. Keep it.

I've owned my 65 GTO for over 22 years so I don't have a problem modifying it. (to a point) I won't put a roll bar in it.

I've owned my 67 GTO convertible for 23 years and am just starting to restore it. (to a point) I'm going to modify it by putting disc brakes, power steering, possibly EFI etc... because I plan to keep it another 23 at least as a driver.

Good luck on your decision.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:46 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

engine: do what ever you want, just keep the old parts.
carpet: ??? acc has, well, they say they do, the actual machines the factory used to make their carpet, so you should be okay if you use their product. you will never get more for that car than what it's worth right now. i mean stock. it will keep going up and up and up stock. not hopped up, unless you keep all the original parts, then i think, I, bullheimer, think a hopped up car is more likely to sell and should sell for just as much. but if you want to get right down to it. just by driving it, the original paint will take gas, and even that will depreciate it to some exent to the very anal retentive. even if it's repainted with an $8,000 paint job, some **** think that hurts its value.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:20 AM

Last photo:

While you can play with a GTO and tell people it's okay because the original parts are in the garage at home, I think that you might be strung up before getting the explanation out if you mess with da judge. These things are worth way more than they should be, and altering them brings them down to a mortal level. It's nothing for a pristine Judge to go for $45,000 or more. Hack it up by spending money on the wrong parts and you have a $5,000 car really quick.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:35 PM
Pontiac Knowledge Base Editor

Last photo:

You already have some of the best heads Pontiac ever built.
Why change them at all? Ram air 3's were 350hp stock. The next best you can do is Ram air 4, but the hp rating was the same.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.