Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1970 Ranchero: SB 351 or BB 460?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You know, all this speculation about what motor or tranny is a waste of time. Considering where you live have you checked out whether the car can be licensed and insured in either province. Both Alberta and BC have strict regulations for licensing an out of province vehicle. If you don't have in your pocession the previous regy then both provinces treat the new regy as being an out of province one. THen you need to jump thru a bunch more hoops. Lots of stuff to get done way before you put a different motor or tranny in it. You need brakes and braking system 100%. Windshield perfect. Side windows working. Tires at least 90%. Shocks, steering, exhaust etc etc. The list goes on and on. Almost like regy for a new car.
I went thru the whole process on a 64 Fury when I lived in Rocky Mountain House. Had to go thru the whole car to make it 100% roadworthy before I could do any mods to it. The 64 hadn't been registered for 10 years so was treated as an out of province inspection.
Check it out first before you start dreamin' about big motors, trannies etc.