Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1972 Camaro - first real restor attempt
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Camaro RS 1972

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1972 Camaro RS - first real restore attempt

The car is to be a Rally Sport. Teh color choice took the most time . We were turned on to it a paint store. It is the Copperhead as used on the mytruck TV show. I need to use a light buff and swirl mark product to get it back to a deep shine. The car had some and still daoes have minor orange peel.

The car was originally a 307cubic inch 3 speed Camaro Coupe. I have pain stakingly collected all the NOS GM RS components to make it a 350 Cu. in. RS with Z28 springs; the springs are a courtesy of my Dad who bought them at a GM parts closeout back in '88 or '89. The only thing I need is a Muncie M21/22 or Borg Warner Super T-10. I have a Ford 9 inch narrowed to fit that needs spring perches welded on, a 3rd member, and powder coated. The Car will be a traveller with custom console, navigation GPS, and surround sound multimedia system.

With Muncie date code of 03/1972 it will be a true Z28 RS except in VIN identification. Which is why it is only going to have Rally Sport Emblems on it and not Z28. The 12 bolt posi is in Colorado waiting for me to go back and get it one of these days. It currently has the orignial 10 bolt with new 3:73 gear ratio auburn posi unit.

Interior will be Black with sandalwood accents.