Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1972 Chevelle tail panel - doesn't exist??
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
You just learned the FIRST rule in the body biz...NEVER ,EVER take a car apart until you have ALL the parts sitting there on the floor...

second rule: Never throw anything away (even a cut up piece of old metal) until that car is done. there might just be a small piece your going to need on that old section...

Three:ALL hardware stays with (inside)the car at all times.not in a box on a shelf.
I hope you havent started welding yet....
dyncore or carparts .com is your best bet....
I remember back 30 years ago a guy around the corner from where I lived at the time came knocking on my door because he saw my 68 Camaro RS in the driveway asking me where to get parts. I went to his house to see a pretty nice 68 RS with no front sheetmetal. Seems it was hit in the front and he pulled the whole front clip off and tossed it! All the RS light doors, bumper brackets inner fenders, EVERYTHING!

Yep, you NEVER, EVER, EVER throw out ANYTHING until it's done. I don't care if its a chunk of rusted floor and you have the replacement right there ready to go, I don't care if it's total crap without one single bracket just a rusted chunk of the middle of the floor, you never know where you may need some measurement, some guide as to where it went, or you are missing that there IS a bracket or something on it it. NEVER EVER throw out ANYTHING until it's done.

Brian