Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1972 pontiac lemans 350 build
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

48 s would put you at 9.0 to 1 static. Nice.
I have a set of 46 s which are the same size, but the in and ex valve are the smaller variety. They are the 1969 # 46 heads not the 1973 ones.
Trouble is... they are bolted to the 1969 428 I bought and I dont want to part it out.
Ido have another set of #46 heads ...from a 1973 350 BUT they are 90 pluss CC chamber size. To big for where you are going.
Here is the thing...I have been down the road on a pontiac head hunt before. It really sucks. Problem is , a lot of the published data about chamber size is wrong. Especially when it comes to not so popular heads like the 7H1. One site listed them as 80 CCs. I thought....Perfect.
I got mine home CC'ed them.....91 CCs. I had to mill .045 off to get them to 82 CC for my 400. At least they had the big exhaust valves allready in.
What are your goals for your Build. You may want to rething going to high on CR as you can get a Comp XE grind or a Voodoo grind from lunati that will wake up your 350, nicely...without many costly mods.
Chime in with your Idea/build goal. I would love to hear it. LA Tech