Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1976 Ford 302 Build Q's
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:13 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1976 Ford 302 Build+Autolite 4100 Q's

I've got a 1976 Ford Granada with a bone stock 302 ( Tall deck I believe with an 8.0:1 compression) in her that I'd like to build on a very tight budget.
Here she is:

And the wheels that I got of a wrecked 2007 Mustang GT:

So far I've purchased the exhaust system and it consists of Hooker 6901HKR headers, a Pypes 2.5" universal X-pipe kit (will purchase soon) and a pair of Magnaflow side exit mufflers.

Mufflers with Hooker 6901HKR Headers

What I'm still waiting to purchase

And the reducers that I'm making:

Some, well, lots of finishing left to complete the 304ss reducers

The parts that I've gotten for the engine are an Autolite 4100 carb (model C5AF-F) and a Carburetor Doctor Super Kit with an electric choke (part#: SK4100C). Just don't know what 1" spacer to get?
Here's the carb:

The intake manifold that I'm contemplating is from Professional Products Crosswind, an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap knockoff.

As for a cam, I'm looking at the Lunati Voodoo series. More specifically the 61003LK, a hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifter set.

Don't know what heads to get, but I'd like aluminum at a good price.
I've also heard that GT40p's are very nice, although iron, but I'm unsure if they'll work with my headers? Maybe with header spacers?

Or should I save myself the headache and get an Edelbrock top end kit and be done with it?

The trans is an automatic C4 that has a B&M Transpak as well as a B&M line lock.

As you can most likely tell, this will be my first engine build.
I'm on an extremely tight college student budget so, for now, I'm happy I got a car!
Cheers and thanks for the help,

Chris

Last edited by sixty9santa; 12-12-2008 at 03:52 PM.