Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevrolet K10 - Starting Problems, Weak Idle and Power Loss
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven
before you buy a boroscope, make sure it will fit in the hole you are going through. I have used a boroscope and they are great, but sometimes they are hard to see because everything is so close. you will also need a magnet to fit somewhere at the same time as the scope. try to get one with a strong magnet and a flexible handle. some of them have a light in the magnet. I use that one quite a bit over the one without the magnet (ya, I have dropsey too. common ailment of diy'ers).
I'll probably try the magnet on a hose trick first before dishing out $100. I'll see if I can find the magnet with the light locally .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven
hopefully you don't end up taking the intake off. i f you,though, you would be able to clean the heat riser runner under the carb in the intake manifold. there has to be a bonus somewhere here. just remember, don't let your carb get upside down or some of those "undesirables" from the water/debris episode could end up in places they shouldn't.
dsraven
Worse comes to worse, I remove the manifold and replace it with one that can house the EGR valve. Win win?