Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevrolet K10 - Starting Problems, Weak Idle and Power Loss
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 11:40 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
The best advise I can give on the distributor removal is to just yank it out so you're forced to learn the reinstall.

This way , you'll understand how the valves open, close, the position of the balancer and the relationship between the crank and camshaft.

We can walk you thru it, so anytime you're ready just yank it out.
Excellent suggestion. Might as well learn now what needs to be learned sooner or later. Pretty soon, this thread is gonna need a whole new title...

Quote:
Oh yeah, one important note:

Don't go dropping your bolts in the hole.
LOL! You know what the worse part is? When all is said and done, those bolts will be right in front of my face, right where they've been all along. A real much ado about nothin'...

Quote:
Edit: I got to get me one of those scopes. I like the one can hook up to the laptop.
I just picked it up 30 minutes ago. Didn't get to test it out in the truck yet (raining outside), but indoors, the image is not bad. Will have to check out how good it is when connected to a computer. I used the 25% off coupon for Easter Sunday (good for today only) and paid $195 and change altogether.

I will try the boroscope first and post back results. If that proves fruitless, I'll tackle the distributor next.

Thanks pugsy!