Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevrolet K10 - Starting Problems, Weak Idle and Power Loss
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven
make sure to use the boroscope throgh any possible holes to find that *&^% bolt before you start assembly.
have fun,
dsraven
I tried looking for the remaining missing valve cover bolt today.

I boroscoped through all the holes and ports in the lifter valley. No bolt found.

As planned in post #122, I went ahead and put the small magnet inside the hose. I fished behind the engine from the top as well below. I fished over the transmission and around the cross member. No bolt was found.

I then shook the truck from side to side and backwards and forwards as hard as I could. Aside from a little water, nothing fell out. I then put it neutral, pushed it forward a few feet, and broomed the place where it had been parked. I then went over the collected dust with a magnet. No bolt.

I don't think the bolt is inside the engine. As I mentioned in an earlier post, after losing the first bolt, I did start and run the engine for quite a while as I adjusted the timing. Didn't hear any weird noises from the engine at any time (see video here). I believe it may have fallen in some far recess that I can neither see nor access with the magnet.

Any thoughts?