I checked the tube on the oil pressure sender and it was indeed damaged. It apparently snapped when I was bolting down the throttle cable bracket onto the manifold, not realizing the the tube should have been going on top on the bracket. It was hidden from my view as I working from the passenger-side.
I repaired it by installing a new compressor ring which fit quite snugly. The original tube is plastic. I would like to upgrade to copper, but it will have to be done at a later time when I have an idea how to do it (gauges and I have a bad relationship).
I put the carburetor back on, put the hoses back in places by going over the pictures from the carburetor rebuild
. The truck turns over but doesn't start. I messed with the timing, put more gas in the tank, used plenty of starting fluid, but no go. Eventually the carburetor flooded and battery died. You can see all the starting attempts in this video: Start Up Attempts 7-3-2011 (1:29).
Right now, the battery is being charged. I have gone and ahead and rechecked all the hoses. Will mess with the timing again and report back.