Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevrolet K10 - Starting Problems, Weak Idle and Power Loss
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

I installed the distributor again yesterday by referring to the steps described in "Install a small block chevy distributor", as well as a video on Youtube titled "small block chevy HEI distributor installation".

I tried firing up the truck and got nothing. I crank it and it always ends with a small puff of white smoke shooting out. You can see the 16 second video here. To me, it seemed the carburetor wasn't getting fuel and something might be clogged so I removed the glass-cased fuel filter in front of it and stuck a fuel line into the choke plate. That ended with a flame. You can see the 9 second video here.

The fuel in the glass-cased fuel filter does seem to be carrying the same debris that was found to have caused the problems at the beginning of this thread. Also, although I did pour in some Stabil into the "clean gas tank" (passenger-side), I wonder it it has gone bad.

Any advice is greatly welcome as, aside from dirty fuel, I am out of ideas.