Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Hey sbchev,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbchevfreak
Is it just me, or do the "even" plugs look to be badly oil fouled? If so, I would be looking at intake gasket sealing on that side....
Yeah, you're right. They are worse on the other side. I just replaced the gasket a few months back.

Hey SSedan,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSedan64
They do look oil fouled and the Spark Gap looks "HUGE" What are you gapping your Plugs at?
They are gapped at 0.60", which is what the gap is for the California models. However, when I first did a tune up after the buying the truck, the spark plugs that were already in the truck were gapped at about 0.50". Should I try for a smaller gap?

Also, I mentioned in a earlier post that I saw slight white smoke coming out of the passenger-side of the truck a few days back. It occurred a couple of minutes after I turned it off. Could that be related to the spark plug fouling issue?

Thanks for the continued help!