Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Hey Augusto,

The carb was rebuilt about a year ago. The previous rebuilder had used some sort of silicone-ish material to cover the wells. I used some five-minute epoxy. You can see pictures of it here on on post #21 on page 2.

The truck is usually started only once a week, and I always pump the pedal three times and then floor it when starting. I'm pretty sure I've had to do the same even when starting it the following day. I'll test it out over the next couple of days to see what happens.

I know I am not checking things and coming back with results very quickly, and it is a time issue. The tentative plan now is to do what I listed in post #25. Got a 4 day weekend coming up so I'm hoping to go through all this in a day.

EDIT: If need be, I can remove the air horn and check the wells. Most likely a last resort deal.

Last edited by lt1silverhawk; 02-15-2012 at 02:17 PM.