So, here is the game plan:
- Inspect vacuum line from intake manifold to transmission. Reapir/replace as needed.
- Switch vacuum advance line back to where it was previously installed on the carburetor (no vacuum at idle)
- Disconnect the choke, tie open the choke plate and try starting and running the truck.
- Test out transmission modulator.
- If all goes well, then yank the distributor and redo the timing.
- If all does not go well, then its time to revisit an old friend, the carb rebuild thread.
Will pay special attention to the idle tubes.
- Fuel pump volume test still recommended?
- Concerns about the intake gaskets were raised. Do they look ok here (#130)
I probably won't get to work on the truck until Saturday or Sunday, so it will be a day or two before results are posted.
As always, thank you very much for the continued help