Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
Be sure to go back and retighten the intake a few times after it heat cycles until the bolts take a set.
Ok, I went ahead and checked one intake manifold bolt right up front with a torque wrench, and it was showing at about 20 lb/ft. This page suggests 30 lbs/ft for a 350 with iron heads: Boxwrench: SB Chevy V8. Should I torque all the bolts to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
You'll want to locate the oil leak that's getting into the plug recesses.
I checked the and photographed the PCV, the hose as well as the general area for the spark plugs. Unfortunately, due to the camera I am using, I have to back off quite a bit in order for it to focus so I don't have pictures for all the spark plug holes. However, it does seem that there is oil right outside where the spark plugs go in on cylinders 6 and 8. I have not been able to verify it for 5 and 7 because there is too much in the way. However, 2,41 and 3 seem pretty dry on the outside.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PCV Hose.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	546.2 KB
ID:	66339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spark Plug Holes.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	66340