Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:15 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
First, some clarification.
The compressor in the quote is an air compressor, not a spring compressor, which is still needed (a spring compressor, that is).
I knew what you meant, but thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
I am thinking you will have the small O-rings that seal the retainer to the valve stem. This set up uses a tin oil shield under the retainer.

I found a page here that shows the same spring compressor I have used successfully on stock SBC springs a number of times. It's inexpensive as well. The seals, retainers, locks, oil shields and O-rings shown there are what you will have- I think.

If you have 'positive' seals that are pressed onto the OD of the guide boss, they do come in several different ID and OD. But see what you have (small O-ring or positive type) and we can go from there.
Ok, time to remove a valve cover and do some digging. Thanks for the link. I will compare what my engine has to the one on that page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Tranny fluid in the vacuum hose means its getting sucked by the engine past the modulator. The modulator would require replacement.
Got it. I imagine it wouldn't make much of a difference if the truck hasn't been started in over a week?