Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 PM
"But how do it know?"
Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Originally Posted by cobalt327
First, some clarification.
The compressor in the quote is an air compressor, not a spring compressor, which is still needed (a spring compressor, that is).
I knew what you meant, but thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by cobalt327
I am thinking you will have the small O-rings that seal the retainer to the valve stem. This set up uses a tin oil shield under the retainer.

I found a page here that shows the same spring compressor I have used successfully on stock SBC springs a number of times. It's inexpensive as well. The seals, retainers, locks, oil shields and O-rings shown there are what you will have- I think.

If you have 'positive' seals that are pressed onto the OD of the guide boss, they do come in several different ID and OD. But see what you have (small O-ring or positive type) and we can go from there.
Ok, time to remove a valve cover and do some digging. Thanks for the link. I will compare what my engine has to the one on that page.

Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Tranny fluid in the vacuum hose means its getting sucked by the engine past the modulator. The modulator would require replacement.
Got it. I imagine it wouldn't make much of a difference if the truck hasn't been started in over a week?