Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
You got to get those oil leaks under control.

The oil is making your vacuum hose gooey.
I know, and its bugging me that I can't find this leak. I've tried everything from wiping down everything to keeping a tray under the truck to figure out where its all coming from. I swear there is a Bermuda Triangle behind the engine where bolts disappear and oil mysteriously leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
No ATF is a good sign, but the piece of rubber tubing needs to be replaced w/new rubber tubing, not the old hardened or mushy-from-ATF piece that's on there now that's taken a set. Use a long enough piece that it's not pulling the hard line when connected, but not SO long that it crimps shut from any bends that you might need to put in it. Straightening the hard line so that it's directly in line w/the modulator vacuum port will help matters. I think we discussed this previously.
Yes, you did bring this up on page 2. I've actually been meaning to remove the metal line as well and inspect it for any damage, but it became quite obvious today it won't be an easy task. I'll be replacing the rubber portions soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
That vacuum line to the modulator valve- bend the hard line so it's pointing directly at the valve so the rubber hose connection is straight. It might be the photo, but the hose looks like it's becoming delaminated where it's bent. If there is any question, replace that length of rubber hose w/a new piece.

I will take another look at the spark plugs' electrodes next to see if there is any discoloration. I will also replace every vacuum hose as well as the PCV valve and grommet. I'll try to get to the valve stem seals this weekend.