Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
I wouldn't remove the hard vacuum line to the modulator. Instead, cap one end and draw a vacuum on the other end. If the vacuum holds- and the line is clear- (no kinks or obstructions, check for this by blowing through it or pull a vacuum unplugged, it shouldn't hold), it's OK.

Some modulator lines went to a fitting on the intake that had a small orifice that acted as a sort of delay valve. If you still are using one like this, be sure the orifice isn't clogged up w/carbon, etc., or the tranny might shift weird.
I'll try that method then. I'll also check for the delay valve, thought I don't recall seeing anything of the sort.

Here are some close up shots of the spark plugs. The were wiped down after removal. I might have the order backwards (put away in a hurry), but they are the correct side.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Side.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	831.8 KB
ID:	66423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Side.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	739.4 KB
ID:	66424