Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1977 Chevy K20: Engine Suffers from Hesitation/Power Loss When In Drive
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
Those plug's condition look pretty bad, all in all. The photos are clear enough, but it's the electrode and ground strap and the porcelain that has the info; it helps to be able to see down inside the end of the plug- but in this case it's really not necessary.
I was actually trying to get the camera to focus on the electrodes, but just didn't work out that way.

Quote:
I'd say considering how well the compression test went, that it may be the guides passing oil.
I had to look up the procedure for replacing them. That's machine shop duty. Or will replacing the seals take care of this?

Quote:
Is there one side of the plugs that is fouled more or has heavier deposits?
I'd say the passenger-side seems to have more fouling/deposits.

Quote:
The one plug that looks most normal is the top right (circled).
Thank you for pointing that one out. Now I have something to compare against in the future.

I want to get an opinion: I am thinking of cleaning these plugs off thoroughly and using them one last time just to see where the oil/deposits end up. Or do they look just too far gone?