Hot Rod Forum banner

1980 Camaro electric diagram

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ISRCamaro 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find a diagram of the car electric but I couldn't find anything that is right.
I can see the wiring harness is kind of new one and not the original and the ast owner isn't so cooperating.
Thought maybe it Bluewire harness but I can't really tell.
Diagrams I found so far at some manuals or books aren't match to the harness here.
Any one has a scan or a pictures of 80 Camaro electric diagram?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wish you put something on that wise bet cause you lost it.
As I wrote. I checked on my manuals and I tried to contact Bluewire costumer service so you think I didn't Google besides all of that? Seriously? :smash:
So for other wisdom tips - YES. I GOOGLED. No.I didn't find anything that look like the one in my car. Cable colors and connection are different.

#4 ·
Looks to be aftermarket.....In 80, I think they were still using the glass fuses, could be wrong. Also, there is a fuel pump fuse there, an 80 Camaro had a mechanical pump.
Going to be tough finding a diagram unless you can find a tag or some evidence of what wiring harness it is. Maybe there is something on the fuse box....maybe on the back of it.

#6 ·
I have the older copy of the 81 Firebird and the Gen 1 S10. The F body Firebird is the same as the Camaro. My 79 TA I believe had the "new" spade type fuses. I sold the TA so not sure at the moment. What exactly are you trying to investigate? I can scan in the diagram part you need and put it in the gallery as a jpg.

#7 ·
Currently I'm on the reverse mechanism.
The switch on the gear that supposed to have cables from it to the reverse light but guess there will be more work at the future. Still need to check the heater, cruise control, horn.
Think the only electric that works are the lights ahah

Thanks mate!

#8 ·
Just checking to see if you fixed the issue.

My diagram shows the Pink with White tracer coming from the fuse and going to the PNS/BU (Park Neutral Safety / Back Up) switch and the Light Green going to feed the reverse lamps. The PNS/BU switch is semi-circle in shape is near to the base plate of the steering column under the dash, assuming it's automatic trans.

Also on the automatic cars there is a linkage rod that connects the trans shifter from the trans to the steering column. This system can bind and many owners just disconnect and wire up out of the way (I've done this before) or completely remove the linkage system. If this was done the PNS/BU Switch will not operate and the car will start in gear.

Some of the Manual Trans Camaros might have the BU Switch near the shiftier under the center console cover. On the manual trans car there is no PNSS (there is no Park or Neutral) it has a clutch interlock safety switch.

AC Delco part number for the PNS/BU switch is DZ2276C.

The Diagram pic attached is from the 1978 Firebird/Camaro, so might not be exact but should be close.

Attachments

#10 ·
I'll send to you the source. Also some times the pics don't open up correctly. One of the things to try is right click over the pic and select open in new window. From there you can enlarge and it and it keeps good resolution or it should. Also if you save pic as jpeg you can drop into MS office, word, PowerPoint, etc..., as a copy and paste function. When you paste use the "paste special" option and drop it in as "enhanced metafile" this will keep the pic from blurring out when you enlarge it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.