Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1981 trans am needs 301 turbo engine
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 09:53 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtyler
Shane, it's saturday night and you're 18 years old. you should be out chasing skirts or something like that. I have a wife and 4 kids and work sixty and seventy hours a week. That's the only reason I'm looking at this at this time on Saturday night. He wants the original 301 turbo. I know where one is as of a few weeks ago anyway. I'll talk to the man that has it if the guy is willing to have it shipped from South Carolina. I'm sure he hasn't got rid of it. They are not in high demand, unless you have a n original turbo T.A. The 301 was a sucky engine, but I guess the car would be worth something if it was completely original. As a matter of fact, I don't know why Pontiac built that engine. I am a Pontiac buff. My first car was a 68 Firebird with a built 350. I used to race it top end every weekend when I was your age. The speedometer registered 160. I put it past that once and close a hundred times. I later geared it down to a 342 gear and built a 428 out of a Catalina convertible. Those pontiac's will run. Pontiac was 10 years ahead of their time on combustion chamber design and GM pulled the plug and made everything corporate. Back to the 301. The intake and exhaust ports on my 300 six are huge compared to the 301. I have seen some of the 301 turbo cars dip into the twelves in the quarter though, with a lot of ingenuity and probably nitrous. Have a good weekend. jtyler

I was here on the site while watching the race .......and chating with a blonde friend of mine so I got the skirt chasin covered too