Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1982 camaro crossfire injection
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53fordguy
hey does anyone know about doing a 350(or any sbc 327+) swap under this? i hear its not the greatest system but i have a very very tired 305, and im lookin to replace it, not interested in speding alot of money or converting back to carb. any one know if it'll just bolt on or would i have to swap heads up? thanks.
It's pretty much the same system as used on the single 2 barrel TBI, just split to feed two single barrel TBI's. Not a particularly effective system, designed more for the LOOK rather than the GO. Along with a 350, the swap to a Holley 670 CFM on a 180 degree intake would provide better all around performance. But the cross-fire can be made to work on a 350 with either a custom chip and your existing injectors or a 350 chip with 350 size injectors. Contact these people:

http://www.tbichips.com/

Using your existing size injectors will drive them to be on longer than the 305. Typically TBI injectors cycle twice per second, the total on time should not exceed .8 second or the coil overheats and risks a shorter life span. The larger 350 injector has the capacity to deliver more fuel during the on period, thus avoiding have to switch it on for .9 or 1.0 (continuously) to feed the larger displacement. Therefore it will run in a safer temperature range for coil life.

Bogie