Hot Rod Forum banner

1983 buick regal sway bar

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cbrock420 
#1 ·
i am doing some suspension up grades to my 83 regal. the engine is complete now its time to work on the under side of the car. my buick used to be a 3.8 car and i noticed that theres no sway bar. does that meant that i cant put one on my car. is there still a place to put it even though it didnt come with one from the factory? i know the grand nationals have them, and its just a glorified regal. shouldnt everything be the same with componet locations on my car as well?

#2 ·
usually

Usually the holes will be there, and to get correct handling you need to tune springs, shocks , front and rear sway bars, too much or little bar can cause over steer or under steer. and pieces from other GM family of cars will fit. I don't remember what the car was but I welded sway bar brackets on a lower controll arms for a guy,

#3 ·
cbrock420 said:
i am doing some suspension up grades to my 83 regal. the engine is complete now its time to work on the under side of the car. my buick used to be a 3.8 car and i noticed that theres no sway bar. does that meant that i cant put one on my car. is there still a place to put it even though it didnt come with one from the factory? i know the grand nationals have them, and its just a glorified regal. shouldnt everything be the same with componet locations on my car as well?
The rear sway bar will work from any 78-87 gbody car i believe. It mounts to the lower control arm. Im thinking the holes should already be there but if not I can get measurements from mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.