Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1984 351W into a 1966 Ford Fairlane 500 Convertible
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

from the ENGINE section:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by 1966Fairlane
I am new to the forum and have some tech. questions. I have a 1966 Ford Fairlane 500 Convertible and I want to put in a 1984 351W in. I was hoping not to have too many issues b/c I believe it will bolt up nice to my C4 that my 289 was attached.
I was thinking about a comp. cam (may thumper), forged pistons, Victor Junior intake, and later some AFR heads. I want as much low end power that I can get but still be able to use it as my daily driver.
I have gotten info. from other people but do want to know what ya'll think.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY would you post the same question in 2 different sections?? Especially after there were over 12 responses prior to posting this one. The answers will be the same. Pretty irresponsible. The moderator should kill this thread of combine it...what a waste.
For Tim, any car that can clear a 390 engine won't have clearance issues with a 351W, it will have room to spare. Unless a Tunnel ram is planned and that doesn't make a difference which engine you use.