Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1985 chevy C-10 shaved door handles
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1985 chevy C-10 shaved door handles

Hello Hotrodders, I am fairly new to this site. A couple hotrodders have been very helpful so far. I have a father son project. Its a 1985 shortbed pick up. We got the truck for my 15 y/o sons 1st truck. We got it in pieces with the front clip and motor in the back of the truck. Since then we have done alot of work to it. With help from some hotrodders we got the motor back together with upgrades to the cam, lifters, springs, intake, carb, headers and dress up kit. We painted the frame, just finished the cab and need to finish the bed.

Now, to get to my questions. We also did some welding, to fix a little rust, and some body work. He decided he wanted to shave the door handles and remove all the trim. We are now trying to install the door selinoids. We cannot figure out how to install them. I welded a nut to the inside handle connecting rod that goes back to the latch release and mounted the selinoid toward the hinges. But, when we try to open the door the popper will not pop it open when the door is open the popper works good. Any ideas???
Thanks