Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1986 Cutlass wiring Q's again :(
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 11:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1986 Cutlass wiring Q's again :(

Hi

I recently bought an alarm. I have a Chilton but the wiring diagrams in the book stank.

My Car is a Cutlass Supreme with the Y in the vin.

Starter module wiring:

Purple: Starter Output (+ Connect to vehicles starter wire)

So far on my Chilton the only color wire I see is for the starter is also a purple wire.

Orange wire: Accessory Output (+). (It says connect to the accessory wire coming from the ignition switch that supplies power to the heater/air-conditioner.) My Chilton only shows a ping wire going the the ignition switch.

Pink wire A: Ignition output (+). (It says connect to the main ignition wire that provides +12v when the ignition is on and while cranking the starter.

I cant find any ignition output at all.

Pink wire B: Second Ignition Output (+). Connect to the second ignition wire of the vehicle.

I cant find this one.

Pin 6: Black/White wire: (-) Neutral safety switch input. (Connect this wire to the Park/Neutral switch in the vehicle.)

Does anyone know what color this wire will be?

Pin 7: Violet/White wire: (Tachometer Input or high voltage sensor input wire.)

Does anyone know what color this wire will be?

Pin 2: White wire: Parking light Output (+/-) Relay. (Connect this wire to the circuit that shows +12v or ground only when the parking lights are on and set the internal parking light relay jumper to the proper polarity.)

Does anyone know where this wire would be and what color it would be?

Pin 4: Grey wire: Hood Pin input (-). (It says connect this wire to the hood pin switch)

Does anyone know if the Cutlass's had one of these and where it would be located?

Pin 6: Yellow wire: (+) Ignition Input of the key cylinder to alarm. Connect to the ignition wire that provides a +12 v when the ignition is on and while cranking)

Does anyone know what color wire this will be?

If anyone could help me out on this id really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by ChrisMiddleron; 06-30-2005 at 12:07 AM.