1987 Ford Crown vic "resto-Mod"/04 frame swap - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Good Kitty......

Wiki Edits: 0

1987 Ford Crown vic "resto-Mod"/04 frame swap

I need some info on the early ford Panther chassis preferably pictures describing body mount locations of the 1987 year and the 2004 model year.

I am soon to be starting a project I have been dreaming up since I was a young kid and I'd like to swap the older chassis out of my 87 two door vic for an 04 chassis (Better suspension, room for full length headers, and stiffer chassis, bigger brakes)

I have tried googling for pictures and diagrams of the two frames and I have found nothing. I know the body mounts have changed a bit but I need to know how much they have changed so i can plan for the worst.

I have tried talking to crown vic guys and there no help so far since this has not been tried as of yet.

HEELLP!!1 Thank you!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Check someplace like ebay for chassis/body manuals. Should give you most of the info you are looking for.

Is there a wheel base difference being the 87 is a 2dr and the 04 a 4dr?
Old 12-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Good Kitty......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
Check someplace like eBay for chassis/body manuals. Should give you most of the info you are looking for.

Is there a wheel base difference being the 87 is a 2dr and the 04 a 4dr?
Should be exactly the same between the two models, they have a late model extended wheelbase Crown Victoria and town car but what I'm interested in is the 2004 "P71" Police interceptor model it SHOULD be the same between the 87 and 04 year, I know the Panther Chassis didn't change very much in the 30 years its been around. I'll check eBay for those manuals I didn't even think of that yet..lol

Thank you for the fast reply! I hope to get started on my swap early this summer or when the weather warms up.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Good Kitty......

update after a couple years....

I never did buy the 87 that I was looking into buying, instead I bought a very clean 85 coupe the chassis mounts between 1979-2002 crown Vic and grand marq's are in the same locations, also the 79-91 Windsor engine mounts will swap up to 2002, My project is sorta "in-progress right now, I'm just saving up for a new engine before I start taking apart my 85 to begin the chassis swap.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.