1987 v10 surburban 350 tbi/electricial issues? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 05:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1987 v10 surburban 350 tbi/electricial issues?

I have an oem without smog pump truck. One day 10 days ago i had a lope in idle read up on it replaced EGR- problem resolved ran fine for 5 days engine would not start just cranked found a fuse blown on ecm-I, talked to friends sid fuel pump (have heard of fuel pump blowing a fuse they told me) replaced fuel pump still would not start, still blew fuse would not start, found dead short in wire to old smog pump was grounding out causing fuse to blow on ecm-I. truck ran approximately 32 miles fine. Next morning let idle 10 min. go to take off less than i mile engine starts to bog more and more than dies. Turned key to start fires right up go to drive distance gets shorter repeats it self bogs and dies. it repeats the same conditions. Haven't found problem one friend states its in these sensors yet no codes and another states if a fuel pump has a slight air leak in hose or the seal to sending unit is not completely sealed to tank it could cause this. I really need more opinions/answers i haven't re dropped the tank yet but i thought i would get on here first and ask . Thanks Donna

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Dropping the fuel tank dindt fix it the first time , why bother dropping it again?

Have you changed the fuel filter? Could be plugged.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:55 PM

did replace fuel filter no change, i was told if there is the slightest air getting into the system from a seal or hose it could create this problem was going to check seal sending unit to tank. also it was not the fuel pump really it was a dead short blowing the ECM-I fuse. But with cranking issue non start and a blown fuse they thought the fuse was blown per the fuel pump so the pump was changed out but it was actually a dead short found in wiring elsewhere when that was found and fixed it started and ran 32 miles without trouble. the next day it started these other symptoms as listed in first tread.

Last edited by risquecj7jeep; 10-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.