Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1989 4l60( 700r4) shifts from 2nd to neutral
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 01:51 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

changes

I guess I have to go with the information gathering guys. I would not think you could feel free in a big RR to put in guages-. but nothing like permanent guages. Some monitor the areas they work most in or most familiar with. If they are there full time you learn what happens in all circumstances- then you will know when something changes. Analog guages not digital leds. I had a Gmc truck years ago,ocassionally it would get hot . stuck a temp guage sensor in the hose out of the thermostat. Once in a while I would get a big temperature needle jump, even out , then in a while the engine would over heat, The needle jump was a steam bubble passing over the sensor. By being there, I could predict overheating and watch the other things that were happing as it progessed to the point of overheating. I have forgotten what was wrong, But not the lesson,Got a problem Make a plan on how to solve it. just a word. mark