Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1990 chevy 350 ss
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel

Last wiki edit: How to find cheap parts
Last journal entry: 1999-2001: Getting it on the road
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
The Cavalier was a Z24, I know they were a little more than a "sticker" I do not believe there was any engine performance improvement but they had a body kit, different tires and wheels, and some years had a fiberglass hood with air inlets that were functional. I would believe that there was some suspension improvements to go along with the option.
I had a good friend with one and just two weeks ago I was at the pick-a-part yard, and one was sitting there.
I'm not talking about the Z24. Z24 was a very common factory-option, but that's not what I'm talking about. The Z24 was a V6, got the FE4 suspension, and some graphics (and "Z24" embroidered in the seats) but the Z22 was a bone stock, plain-jane, NorthEast regional sticker package on a 4-banger cavvy.

Z22 is a GM option code... but not for a cavalier. Its an option code for Buick Roadmasters to be minimally prepped for custom aftermarket coach work; ambulances, hearses, flower cars, limos, etc.

But the Z22 cavalier is just a sticker package. If you wanted to the dealer could also put a spoiler on it with double-sided tape. Like this:

Last edited by curtis73; 02-03-2009 at 09:43 AM.