Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1990 chevy 350 ss
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

jeeesh people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167
350 SS existed only as a decal. The sport model actually had an option to come with 350 SS decals, but it's a sport model, and not really an SS. The sport model was also a back door to get the 454 without the SS package.. The Sport also wouldn't have come with a GTO style hood scoop. Sport and SS trucks did not have special hoods.. Sport was a paint and trim package... As for a title. someone who originally titled it could have squeezed in SS, and that could have been a dealer..
I have a bunch of GMT400 trucks including 3 454SS's and I used to have a sport.

There was no such thing as a 350 SS built by Chev.
There are a bunch of differences between a 454 SS and a sport. (frame, suspension, brakes, interiors, moldings, 14 bolt real end, etc.)
The tires, sway bars and appearance packages were almost the same. A sport could come in pretty much any engine and option combo you wanted- 4.3,5.0,5.7- auto - 5 speed whatever.
The 454SS was always the same by model year except for the colors in 91-93. (with the exception of minor differences like mirrors / floor mats / etc. but you'll never see a 454SS without power windows / Air, etc.)
the 350 SS is not 'super rare' its a stickered chev sport.
Chev sport trucks are pretty cool on their own - I just shake my head at all these people that state this BS as fact. there were no factory cowl hoods. Some dealers peeled off the 'sport' stickers and put '350 SS' on the side of the box... that's it.