1993 Chev. Suburban 2wd 4L60E Problems - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 08:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1993 Chev. Suburban 2wd 4L60E Problems

This is my first post here. I have visited alot and learned alot from it. So thanks to everyone in advance for info that I have taken and info that I will receive in the future.

My problem, I have a 1993 Chev. Suburban 2wd. I had trans rebuilt. Worked fine for 2 years. Motor went down so I rebuilt motor. Sub sat for 6 months. When I put the motor back in trans would not work right. Here is what it does, when cold it will shift through the gears great. After 5-10 min. it goes straight to 4th. Will not shift down. So I shift it manually. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and so on. It will shift great that way. We thought it might be something electrical in the trans, so we changed everything. Still the same. Changed computers in sub. Still the same. We thought it might be losing pressure when it got hot, so I was going to take it out and rebuild it again. But before I could do that last week, the trans quit. Would not pull or anything. So I took it out and had it rebuilt. Found that the torque converter was out, and alot of metal inside. Put it back in last night. Same thing still happens. Did not change one thing. Somebody please help on this. There has got to be something I am over looking.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

truck72 .. welcome to Hotrodders.com

We do not use PLEASE HELP in thread titles here. There are some real sharp folks here that will help you without begging.

I would suggest the use of a device commonly known as a Shaffer Shifter to control this transmission on a test drive while the trans is warmed up where the shift problems show up.

this Shifter device is generally in a larger shop. Some shops may have a different brand of controller to remove the trans from the vehicle control systems.

If the isolated transmission still shifts to 4th gear when it should be in first gear electronically while OFF the vehicle computer system , the problem is inside the trans.

If the trans operates correctly on the stand alone controller .. the problem is in the vehicle system

Old 11-05-2009, 06:33 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

chevy sub 4l60e problem

Took it to a shop this week. Computer is trying to go into 4wd low. When it does this is when the trans is acting up. It is a 2wd. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.