Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1995 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 v6 trans problems
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

SonnyFaust;

welcome to the HR board. I edited the thread title.

Please do not post a "HELP ME!" thread title. There are many experienced and/or professional fellows here. A proper thread title will get more responses.

Quote:
I have a 1995 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 v6 vortec. I was pulling out of a parking lot and the transmission i assume jerked and i lost all forward gears so I put it in reverse and drove back to the parking lot. I sat there for a while and checked trans fluid while on and it was fine made sure it wasnt linkage. then i took the trans fuse out and it kicked into third gear only when it was in overdrive. It would not kick into first or second gear.

Mileage on this trans? Any recent repair or service work on the trans?

With the fuses installed into the fuse block;

Does the trans move forward in "OD" ? Does it move forward in "D". Move the shifter all the way to manual "1" to see if the trans moves forward.

Very odd the trans "kicked in" with the fuse out , yet would not move forward with the shifter in "OD or D" .... by "kicked in" ..., you do mean the trans engaged into gear?

Report back when you can . thanks