Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1995 S10 4.3 4L60E Transmission problems
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1995 S10 4.3 4L60E Transmission problems

Hi all,
I have a 4L60E in my 1995 S10 4.3 CPI V-6 truck with 62K original miles on it since we bought it new. I am doing some maintance work and upgrades to the transmission because the fluid needed changing. So far i have pulled the valve body and have it completely disassembled and cleaned. Im looking to keep it stock to get the longest life out of it but i want to address some of the problem areas now that i have it apart. Let me know if these are good ideas:

New GM Dipstick Tube and Lower Seal and Dipstick Indicator

Sonnax .490 Boost valve without O-rings

Sonnax TCC Apply Valve in pump part#77805E-K

Unknown brand O-ringed Valve to put in Valve body to convert to On/Off style Lock Up see attached picture to see the valve itself. Transgo has a valve called ISO CONV on/off valve, is this a better valve?

Transgo separtor plate and gaskets (my original plate has some rust on it so need to replace) also, do i need to drill larger holes in the new plate under the filter screens if i use the .490 boost valve?

Sonnax Heavy Duty 2-3 Shift Valve part#77754-41 applies overrun clutches in 1st and 2nd also not just 3rd like OEM. is this a good idea?

Also can i cure these other 2 problems while im here? :

There is a 2-3 upshift clunk during light throttle upshifts, or when I get on the gas in 2nd and let off and it clunks into 3rd.

And there is a 2-1 downshift clunk into first when going uphill under very light throttle and as the truck slows down it will clunk into first gear.

Also, how can i test the EPC Force motor Solenoid to see if it works properly?

Thanks so much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1870Valve.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	51549