Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1996-2000 vortec block build
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Gary View Post
Hey Pugsy.What up??.

I knew what he meant too.

We had a guy with a 350 Vortec Goodwrench crate in a 4,000 Astro van(yepper that's there wt stock) use that "383" cam with a mod'ed TBI and chip burn.Now not everything has to be over 500 in a lift to be a decent cruiser.Surprising mid curve and very good,no great,street manners.For some that would be a worth while venture.Because of the way the thing pulled in the mid section on a 4,000 van,I would think it is all of 300hp.
Yea that engine you speak of had vortec heads which are way better than the 305 heads on his motor plus other upgrades and you say a 383 cam he said a 383 lift cam doubt you mean same cam and hes talking bout high compression with the 305 heads and then says it runs on 87 one of them statements are wrong high compression and 87 octane gas dont go together and no everything does not have be 500 lift I dont run that small a lift im in 600 lift range but with that said I was just tring clear up a 350 with stock 305 heads and small cam does not make unbelievable power if he wants make that kind of power just find any 350 in a junkyard for few hundred bucks I thought whole deal was a budget 400 hp engine not something my grandma has in her car