Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1996 Blazer electrical question
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:00 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If I remember correctly..... those late 90's vehicle had a lot of memory type circuits........ so If you pull the fuses one at a time, you need to wait several minutes before you pull the next one to let the capicitors bleed off, otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell etc....

I'd still inspect the wires 1st, then go into circuit elimination..... I'd check to see the all the interior lights and thier switches aren't shorted..... dome lights and make sure any and all door switches work properly including the rear hatch. The wires in the hatch might be in a flexible boot that moves with the door, that area would interst me alot. Glove box light, console etc......

I'm thinking that since it goes dead in just a few hours that you have more than a slight draw, you have something that's shorted or shorting out and that's causing the massive draw. And if that's correct, use your hands to actually feel the wires to see if thay are getting hot

Last edited by EOD Guy; 03-09-2013 at 06:05 AM.