Hot Rod Forum banner

1999 Pontiac Bonneville

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  shundaf1 
#1 ·
I HAVE A 1999 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE THAT HAS STOPPED RUNNING! AT FIRST IT WAS BLOWING THE INJECTOR FUSE AND THE FUEL PUMP WENT OUT! SO I GOT A NEW FUEL PUMP & THE FUSE STOPPED BLOWING BUT IT STILL WON'T CRANK! THEY CHECKED THE COMPUTER MODULE & ALL THE INJECTORS & THEY R ALL GOOD SO THEY SAID IT WAS THE COMPUTER SO WE GOT ANOTHER COMPUTER & STILL NOTHING! NOW THEY SAY THERE'S NO FIRE GETTING TO THE COMPUTER. I SAW ANOTHER POST ABOUT A GUY SISTER HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH THE EXACT SAME CAR & ENGINE AND SOMEBODY TOLD HIM TO CHECK UNDER THE DRIVER SIDE CARPET IN THE REAR & CHECK SOME WIRES! I THOUGHT ABOUT IT MAYBE THAT'S MY PROBLEM BECAUSE I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH WATER & IT BEING SOAK & WET AT THE REAR DRIVER SIDE LIKE IT HAD RAIN IN THE CAR!! I'M SO DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP BECAUSE NOW MY CAR IS SITTING IN THE BACK OF THE SHOP COLLECTING DIRT & DUST!! IT BEEN THERE ALMOST 3 MONTHS!! I CAN'T KEEP BUYING EXPENSIVE PARTS & NOTHING WORKING :confused: .....PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

#3 ·
You need to get it towed to a REAL shop for DIAGNOSTICS and REPAIR.

By the way, capitol letters are taken as though you are yelling.You are not yelling are you.
Sounds like the shop you are using doesnt have a clue how to diagnose anything, Get a new shop.

#5 ·
Won't crank - could be a bad connection to the battery or numerous other things not related to the computer.
Some things are not diagnosed with a SCAN tool. It takes a real mechanic.
Some dealers :pain: do have a person that can interpret and make repairs using a SCAN tool.

vicrod

#6 ·
The ground block in the channel under the carpet by the drivers door is a huge problem in those. It looks like a big black plastic connector with a cap on it. They are usually green with corrosion. You need to remove the drivers side front door sill and pull back the carpet to find it

#7 ·
T-bucket23 said:
The ground block in the channel under the carpet by the drivers door is a huge problem in those. It looks like a big black plastic connector with a cap on it. They are usually green with corrosion. You need to remove the drivers side front door sill and pull back the carpet to find it
Thanks,I was having problems with my carpet being wet on the rear driver side like it rain in the car even at times that it haven't rain in a few days. So maybe that's the problem :welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.