Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1st gen Camaro Rear seats
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I don't often post in the interiors section; I have to say though, Dan does an incredible job.

When we priced out the cost of having my fathers 55 chevy bench seats recovered front and rear from scratch, and new door panels; the cost wasn't that much higher than having the foam trucked in, plus the pre made seat covers.

Dan Cedrone at The Secret Service here in Syracuse, had some preformed covers in house, and the foam. He pointed out the neglected seams, cheap foam and very loose fit. He reasoned that if we brought the foam and covers to him, he'd have to cut and restitch at least 1 cover as well to get it to fight properly. We purchased a headliner and installed it ourselves from one of the big 55 chevy catalogs; what we recieved was essentially a big sheet of seat vinyl. It was very difficult to install (not our first headliner either) and completely lacked the stretch of the proper material. Dan practically begged us to let him redo it properly later. The difference was night and day

Being that the only thing we didnt do on the car was the shortblock or the interior, it made sense to pay for the handmade covers. 11yrs later and the tuck n roll pleats still line up, theres not a loose corner, the french seams look perfect and we get lots of compliments.
For a basic bench, save the aggravation and find someone who is a craftsman to give you the quality your car deserves. After all, its one of the only parts of the car, you the driver, gets to see.