Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1st tech Post (probably discussed to death) T350 and 700R4 conundrum
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 05:39 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ive had the same 700r4 in my little jalopy (76 ventura) since 1996... spent 150 on the core, another 400 or so in parts, eliminated the torque converter lockup (i run a hughes non lockup converter), and had the driveshaft shortened.dont remember what i spent for that, but it wasnt that much. my car at best, b4 i put in the 700r4, would get maybe 15 on the highway (4 barreled inline 6), since the 700r4 install, i have gotten up to 23 mpg... and that was driving to the east coast and back... if built right, obviously they will last... and they can handle some beating., cause i have been tough on mine... lol
i keep it maintained, it gets serviced every year/10,000 miles (dads rule of thumb from his shop, retired now.) that i have done with my cars since i could drive and have had no problems.
save urself the hassel of the r&r or the gear vendors unit and go with a well built 700.... i know ive been glad i did for years now.. got 1 ive prepped for the wifes car too. (72 ventura but with a 307). gonna be the same as what was done to mine.. after all, after 10+ years on my 700 and going strong, why not??? gl on ur venture...