Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2 compressors, which should i get?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I fully agree with oldred with his CFM suggestions. He is 100% correct. I think the real dilemma toykilla has is that he wants a compressor and has a certain amount of money to spend. He realized that the ones with more CFM are better, but you have to pay for that. What it comes down to is what tools you will use, how often, and if you are willing to put up with having to wait for the compressor to catch up if you use high usage tools like a DA sander. Buying a better compressor comes at a $$$ price, but not buying as good a compressor also comes at a price of lower performance.

I haven't used a DA sander with mine yet, but I will eventually. I just got it hooked up less than a week ago so I don't have much time on it, but have used impact wrenches, die grinders, cutoff tools, and drills. I haven't run out of air with any of those used intermittantly. I had borrowed my friends 110V craftsman 30gal, 6cfm, compressor before and this 60gal, 12 cfm, single stage is much better.

Best of luck - Drew