2 Ebay items. 2 times screwed! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2003, 01:38 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

2 Ebay items. 2 times screwed!

Man Oh Man!
Ive put up my distributor, wires and coil and my intake, carb and fuel line twice on Ebay now and both times the Distributor buyer didnt email me back and the intake dude screwed me once and now this new guy is telling me that he sent the payment 18 days ago and it must be lost in the mail!
He is even mad that Im planning on reporting it to Ebay so I can relist without getting charged! Im gonna rename Ebay to E get screwed. HG

Advertisement

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

what did he send, a personal check too??

Its up to him to get the money to YOU. Let Him worry about getting the payment to you in a timely manner. Give the dude 3 days and report him if you don't have a money order in your sweaty little hand!! And do the same for the other freeks who are messing around with you. Did you manage to pack the stuff up yet? All you really need is a picture to sell it with and the money order in hand to send it out, right?

Tazz
trolloligest

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 12-26-2003, 02:09 PM

hey hemmi good luck dealing with those guys ,it sounds like you got a couple of tire kickers on your hands.i would have to agree with the other fella wait a day or two then report them and try to resell the items its a real bear but im sure it will work out for ya. (yea the checks in the mail ) i smell bull s@*t good luck hemmi fisher57
Old 12-26-2003, 02:15 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Heck yea its ready!
He got the hi bid like 3 weeks ago. I think he dont have the money and now hes dickin me. HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 12-26-2003, 02:25 PM

Last photo:

Man I hate to hear you having trouble with E-Bay. I've used it once to buy a set of rims for my mtn bike and the seller was totally legit. That was the first and hopefully only time I'll use E-Bay. Good Luck if you decide to try again.

MoocH
Old 12-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Tire Fryer

Last photo:

HG, Isn't there a time limit to these transactions written in the rules? Tell him if you don't receive payment by such and such date, according to the rules, it's going back on the auction block.

F'em. Play by the book. That's all you have to do.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:19 PM
1949 Chevy Truck

Use it all the time. Over 400 times.
Only been screwed twice. Ebay is not alot of help, but if you have a paypal account, they are good at getting your money back.

As far as selling no money no ship. That simple.

10 days max in my amount of time.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

I always state clearly that the buyer has 7 days to make payment or at least a legit payment arrangement. I usually even let them slide a few days. I also state that if payment is NOT made within 7 days that the item will be relisted and negative feedback WILL be left for the non-paying bidder.
Seems to work out ok so far. I have only been burnt 1 time on a set of wheels that I sold.
I relisted and the new buyer paid within 24 hours....
Later,
WEIMER
Old 12-26-2003, 08:03 PM

Last photo:

I've bought and sold over 500 items on E-bay (feedback of 316). Read the rules, E-bay says bidder response in three days, money in 10 business days, unless you make a deal with bidder. If these rules are not met, you can file with them and resell the item. So far most of the my bidders have been good, but you will always have an ********* in the crowd to screw things up. I have only had to give bad feedback three times. I've had to file with E-bay for fraud twice. If you have a PayPal account you can use them to help you get your money or refund within 30 days.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Don't take it personal, refile and report the guy as deficient! If it is in the mail, then you can add a response later that the guy did you right on the the feedback page. Three weeks, I am overseas and the mail dosent' take that long. Crazy lary sent me a great book and it took less time.
Dutch
Old 12-26-2003, 08:23 PM

ebay

have used ebay many times- over 60 good feedback- and yes i agree you can be setting yourself up to get screwed either buying or selling my luck has been good - only got screwed once partly my fault i won an armature lathe did not buy insurance- the shipper put about 2 fistfulls of packing peanuts in it- the box was about 3 foot x 3footx3foot and the cast iron steady rest was broken during shipment- oh well live and learn?
Old 12-26-2003, 08:36 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Do as the rules Ebay states, file a payment reminder, then in 3 days if you recieve no response file for Non paying bidder on the item. If still there is no response, you have to wait 10 days file for a resubmission of listing fees, give negative feedback and relist the item. There are deadbeats on Ebay and I have had to do this about 10 times out of 150 sales. If a Ebayer recieves 3 nonpaying bidders on his account he is kicked off of Ebay indefinately, according to Ebay. It would be very difficult to get a new user name and dick with people again. Ebay requires Name, address, phone #, a credit card or debit, and I am sure they get your IP # too. Do as Ebay states in the rules and all will be good, it might take a little longer to resell a Item but it will sell.

I alo forget to include this little tidbit, use UPS or FED EX only to ship items, they give tracking numbers and require a signature most of the time to recieve a package. The post office charges more for delivery conformation and they won't do nothing until 30 days have passed. I had a guy try to con me once but with his signature on a printed form from UPS that I emailed back to him, he shut up real quickly, never heard back from him.

Last edited by onebadmerc; 12-26-2003 at 08:36 PM.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.