Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2 Gas related Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

2 Gas related Questions

Hello All....
My name is Jim and I am working on an old Mustang for my son. Has 351 Clev.
I have had this car in garage for 19+ years. After a bunch of troubles I finally got the car running. Now there is a problem.

I replaced the fuel pump and the carb. Put on a Holley 4160 single pumper. I bought the carb about a year ago but just recently hooked it up to the fuel line. With a blast of starter fluid the car starts...runs ruff and dies. I changed the accelerator pump diaphram. Same trouble...

My 4 questions...
1. - When I open the accelerator linkage, there is no shot of gas that comes out of the top nozzles (Shooters). I pulled the carb again, pulled the front bowl and sprayed carb cleaner as best I could. I pulled the meter block and sprayed as I was there. Have not tried yet but could someone make a suggestion.
2. - Would changing the meter block help?????

3. - Is there a way I can check to see if the shooters? are working while the carb is off the car. Kinda a pain to keep taking it off?

3. - What can I do with the old gas n the car??? I took out most but left about 3 gallons in there. To that I added 7 gallons fo fresh high test. I added octane booster and stbilizer.

The old gas is big problem. I have tried junk yards, city yard, gas stations, parts stores etc. No one wants the old gas or can offer ideas what to do with it. I may try to burn a bit at a time in the snowblower.

Well sorry for the lengthy first post but I tried to include as much info a s possible as I really need help here. Take Care....Jim Sam