Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 200-4R Build Finally Begins!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSedan64 View Post
I recommend getting a Billet shafted Forward Drum & using CKs Shift Recal kit w/Billet Servo.
His #24RRK/SS Rebuild kit contains those 3 w/discount.

I'd also use a 10-Vane Rotor kit. The 13-Vane tend to break more easily at higher rpm & pressures.

www.CKPerformance.com

Depending on how much spray you use you may want to ask about the .555" TV & .400" Low/Reverse boost valves. They can be swapped inplace of the .500" & .300" size which are standard in the Recal kit.

The splines on the OD Carrier & OD Ring Gear are the next weak link, then the Input Shaft.

I have all 4340 Billet parts in my Trans except the Output Shaft, I don't think I'm pushing 800TQ I rollerized my own parts, easy if you have a Lathe.

There was a Suplement to Chris' 2004R Manual but, I don't know if He has anymore or if they're available now. A Member on TB.com asked but, hasn't received an answer.
Thanks for the reply! I was starting to lean more towards the 24RRK/SS rebuild kit after reading about the weakness in the forward drum.

I haven't really been able to reliably drive my car for the past three summers so I don't mind throwing extra money at the good components to make sure it lives and I can really rack up the miles this upcoming summer.

Would you recommend this pump or any others? TH-200 4R Hi-Performance 10 Vane Pump, this is a must for high RPM engines I believe CK in their Street strip trans uses a new GM pump. Also do you think the OD carrier and ring gear will be okay say around 450-500hp? If I spray it I don't think I would go more than 100-150 but then again im sure it will be tempting to not just throw the biggest jet in there and hang on lol. I think Art Carr did a carcraft article and said around 550 these start to fail but of course vehicle weight and tq play a roll on this also. After I put it together I am gonna also find a transmission dyno to run it and make sure everything works good before I put it in the car.