Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 200-4R Build Finally Begins!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:44 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian4life218 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I was starting to lean more towards the 24RRK/SS rebuild kit after reading about the weakness in the forward drum.

I haven't really been able to reliably drive my car for the past three summers so I don't mind throwing extra money at the good components to make sure it lives and I can really rack up the miles this upcoming summer.

Would you recommend this pump or any others? TH-200 4R Hi-Performance 10 Vane Pump, this is a must for high RPM engines I believe CK in their Street strip trans uses a new GM pump. Also do you think the OD carrier and ring gear will be okay say around 450-500hp? If I spray it I don't think I would go more than 100-150 but then again im sure it will be tempting to not just throw the biggest jet in there and hang on lol. I think Art Carr did a carcraft article and said around 550 these start to fail but of course vehicle weight and tq play a roll on this also. After I put it together I am gonna also find a transmission dyno to run it and make sure everything works good before I put it in the car.
That's a Pump rebuild kit, not a Pump. It's also a little pricey. If the Pump needs rebuilding I recommend buying a rebuilt one. It's not possible to get the clearances right unless you have a Lathe.
CK has reasonably priced HP Pumps. > www.CKPerformance.com

Pump rebuild/upgrade Info starts about 1/4 way down Pg.
ATTENTION!!!! NEW VERSION!! Strengthening The 2004r | TurboBuick.Com

I'd wait on the Billet OD parts. You can buy them later on if needed.
Chris/CK has a Trans Dyno.