Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 200-4R durability questions
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

i rebuilt a200 4r for my nova and it worked great. i did the rebuild myself and am building a second one for the fun of it. Us the bigger low boost valve and the bigger intermeadiat valve and you'll be happy. I just used a .471 intermediate valve for mine. i drilled out he seperator plate and it shifted to hard so i put a stock plate back in and itsfine now. i have 5 clutches in the forward, 8 in the direct, 3 in the over run, 3 in the third with the wide red band. I studied the web and figured it out how to up the clutch count. had my local machine shop modify my pan by using two pans and cutting on short and one long andwelded back together and that made my pan 1 1/2 deeper for the botton 4l60 filter and botttom spacer. most people tell me that the tranny only hade five clutches in the direct, but all my trannys had six, but all the ones i got are from v8 cars. maybe the ones from v6 cars had only five. Use the presure gauge to set the tv and work on the tv cable as hard as you did onthe thetranny and its good If you are lazy, don't try the conversion. have lots of patience and look at it as fun and you will enjoy the ride