Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 200-4r questions looking to build up
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I didn't go all out on my 200 4r for my nova. I was never going to race it. Givilng it hell with street tires didn't require alot of the extra goodies a drag car needs. I just wanted it to hold up to the 325hp i've got. I knew a stock tranny wouldn't, even the way i drive it. But with extra clutches, more preasure, better pump, better lower filter, ect., i knew that would work. It has worked great. My gear ratio with 3.73 is right. My next project is to pull the trany back and put in a higher stall converter. I know , even my friends don't understand why i didn't do everthing at one time. I wanted to make sure i didn't get the cart ahead of the horse. Mine was a little hit and miss. I found out that i had over drilled the seperator plate, so i changed it. Now that is rilght. Now that i've got miles on it, its time to change the convertor, and that will make it even better. My wife doesn't care how many times i've had the car up and down. I love it and it keeps me from bothering her. My second tranny was just for the fun of it. I know i'll never need it, but it was fun. Even my brother that is a ford guy, liked the combination. It makes a good street car with those gears, and overdrive for the car shows i like driving to.